Chương trình quốc gia về sử dụng năng lượng tiết kiệm và hiệu quả
VNEEP
Friday, 22/01/2021 | 11:10 GMT+7
Friday, 22/01/2021 | 11:10 GMT+7

Mandatory energy rating proposed for pool pumps in Australia

Investigations are underway to examine the costs and benefits of introducing mandatory Minimum Energy Performance Standards for swimming pool pumps in Australia.

The recently released National Energy Productivity Plan (NEPP) (link is external) identified energy efficiency as a key area of opportunity to improve dollar value savings for consumers and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The Equipment Energy Efficiency (E3) Program has identified swimming pool pumps as a product where significant opportunities exist to improve energy efficiency and achieve significant energy and greenhouse emission savings. 

In households with a swimming pool or spa, the pump unit is usually the largest single user of residential electricity (about 16%). Australia boasts the world’s highest household pool ownership per capita with 1.2 million household swimming pools and to service this growing industry around 90,000 new pumps are sold each year. 

At present swimming pool pumps are not covered by mandatory energy efficiency regulatory frameworks but the E3 Program introduced the Voluntary Energy Rating Labelling Program (VERLP) in 2010 to assist consumers to identify the most efficient pumps on the market and build industry capacity in areas such as test procedures. 

Pump models participating in the voluntary program are estimated to represent only a tiny fraction of annual sales (8%) leaving the energy efficiency of 92% of the market unknown. 

Investigations are underway to examine the costs and benefits of introducing mandatory Minimum Energy Performance Standards for swimming pool pumps and consideration of a transition from the voluntary Energy Rating Label to a mandatory label. 

Pool+SPA

Feedback
List Coments

Designed by: VtkMedia

VNEEP

The copyright belongs to Department of Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Development

54 Hai Ba Trung street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi, Vietnam

Person in charge: Phuong Hoang Kim – Director of Energy Efficiency and Sustainable DevelopmentDepartment

License No 148/GP-TTĐT | Date 13/8/2019
Place of issue: Administration of Radio, Television and Electronic Information - Ministry of Information and Communications
Phone/Fax: 024.22202358

Any reuse of the content and information on this website must give source credit to tietkiemnangluong.com.vn | vneec.gov.vn