Socialist Republic of Vietnam
Vietnam Scaling Up Energy Efficiency Project (VSUEE)
Green Climate Fund (GCF) and the World Bank (WB) (TF 0B4389)
The Socialist Republic of Vietnam has received a grant from the Green Climate Fund (GCF) through the World Bank (WB) for the Vietnam Scaling Up Energy Efficiency Project (VSUEE Project). The project will provide TA to support the implementation of VNEEP’s targets and the Paris Agreement on climate change mitigation measures in the industrial and energy sector. In addition, capacity building activities will address the knowledge, institutional, and capacity-building needs of the relevant stakeholders in the management and development of a national mechanism and policies on EE. Those efforts will be accompanied by the establishment of a risk-sharing facility, backed by a GCF Guarantee instrument, which aims to address current regulatory barriers to access commercial capital, mobilize local bank financing, and encourage stakeholders such as industrial enterprises and commercial banks to implement projects and develop an EE investment market. The project consists of two components: (i) GCF Risk Sharing Facility; (ii) Technical Assistance. The VSUEE Project Management Board (PMB) intends to use part of its grant to recruit a qualified individual consultant to assist the PMB in providing specific technical supports to the implementation of the VSUEE activities and providing technical inputs to the deliverables and project outputs. The assignment is expected to start in October 2022 with the contract duration of 40 months.
• A Bachelor degree or higher in energy management, energy economics, engineering and/or subjects relevant to energy efficiency and green transition is relevant.
• At least ten (10) year working experience in the energy sector;
• Solid knowledge of Vietnamese energy policy and energy efficiency in industry is a requirement;
• Solid knowledge of energy efficiency technologies and technology service providers/suppliers in the energy intensive industrial sector;
• Solid knowledge of barriers and opportunities for EE application in Vietnam;
• Proven knowledge and experience in conducting energy audits and preparing reports;
• Experience in data collection, data management, energy measurements and writing survey reports of energy consumption and making presentations to policy makers is an advantage;
• Proven ability to work effectively with Government authorities, local governments, business sector, sector associations and private sector;
• Ability to work independently and under pressure;
• Have team work skill and communication skills;
• Excellent communication, reading and writing in English;
• Willing to travel extensively within Vietnam.
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to send their most updated CV in English, either by email or hard copy, to the following address before 16h00 on 15 August 2023:
Vietnam Scaling Up Energy Efficiency Project
Room 510, Building A MOIT, 54 Hai Ba Trung str., Hoan Kiem Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam
Note: Please state “Application for position of Technical Officer for the VSUEE project” on the envelope or in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks after the deadline. Tel contact is not encouraged.