Socialist Republic of Vietnam
Vietnam Scaling Up Energy Efficiency Project (VSUEE)
Green Climate Fund (GCF) and the World Bank (WB) (TF0B4389)
The Socialist Republic of Vietnam has received a grant from the Green Climate Fund (GCF) through the World Bank (WB) for the Vietnam Scaling Up Energy Efficiency Project (VSUEE Project). The project will provide TA to support the implementation of VNEEP’s targets and the Paris Agreement on climate change mitigation measures in the industrial and energy sector. In addition, capacity building activities will address the knowledge, institutional, and capacity-building needs of the relevant stakeholders in the management and development of a national mechanism and policies on EE. Those efforts will be accompanied by the establishment of a risk-sharing facility, backed by a GCF Guarantee instrument, which aims to address current regulatory barriers to access commercial capital, mobilize local bank financing, and encourage stakeholders such as industrial enterprises and commercial banks to implement projects and develop an EE investment market. The project consists of two components: (i) GCF Risk Sharing Facility; (ii) Technical Assistance. The VSUEE Project Management Board (PMB) intends to use part of its grant to recruit a qualified individual consultant to assist the PMB in the project activities specifically on the aspects of information, communication and awareness specified under Component 1 and 2. The assignment is expected to start in October 2023 with the contract duration of 28 months.
• Bachelors Degree in social sciences, public administration, communications, journalism or engineering.
• At least 5 years experience in information, education and communication programs or global sustainable development, preferably in the energy sector;
• With good appreciation of and strong links with government agencies, local government agencies, NGOs, mass organizations, academe and professional organizations involved in the energy sector;
• Experience and knowledge in advocacy events, policy statements and public communication materials
• Advanced communication and collaboration skills across a range of audiences including academic, governing bodies, private sectors and the wider public;
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and web browsers;
• Excellent organizational, administrative and communication skills;
• Ability to meet tight deadlines with accuracy and reliability;
• Flexible working attitude and good team spirit;
• Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal;
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to send their most updated CV in English, either by email or hard copy, to the following address before 17 August 2023:
Vietnam Scaling Up Energy Efficiency Project
Room 510, Building A MOIT, 54 Hai Ba Trung str., Hoan Kiem Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam
Note: Please state “Application for position of Communication Expert for the VSUEE project” on the envelope or in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks after the deadline. Tel contact is not encouraged.