Saturday, 23/05/2026 | 22:29 GMT+7
A wave energy generator which was launched off the
The 170-tonne structure had been providing electricity to the grid from 150 metres offshore at Port Kembla.

The 170-tonne structure was officially launched in March
But it broke free from its pylons on Friday afternoon and sank on Saturday. Early efforts to tow the barge to safety were abandoned due to the rough conditions. The Chief Executive Officer of the Port Kembla Ports Corporation, Dom Figliomeni, says the structure was battered against the break water.
He says attempts to retrieve the barge will be made this week. "There's been no impact on the provision of services to shipping and where it is at the moment it's not a navigation hazard," he said.
"We will continue to monitor its location." The generator's Sydney-based developer, Oceanlinx is investigating what happened.
By Hoa TV
REOI - C2.2.11: Support the development of energy management systems and capacity building
28/04/2026
The cement industry applies energy efficiency and conservation, moving toward green and sustainable development
REOI - C2.2.12: Develop tools for analyzing the energy efficiency of sub-projects and assess the current state of the market for energy-saving investment loans
Hanoi Implements the 2026 Plan on Energy Efficiency and Conservation
Key Industrial Manufacturing Sectors Step Up Energy Efficiency Efforts
Energy Efficiency Solutions in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
Nghi Son Refinery and Petrochemical Continues Its Energy Efficiency and ESG-Oriented Operations
Energy Efficiency Creates Advantages in Industrial Production