Wednesday, 01/02/2023 | 13:28 GMT+7
In honor of National Home Improvement Month and just in time for summer, 3M today introduces Ultra Clear Energy Saving Window Film Kits to its line of Home Energy Savings solutions.
This Smart News Release features an interactive multimedia capsule. View the full release here:
3M Ultra Clear Energy Saving Window Films come in three heat reduction shades: light, medium and dark.
During the dog days of summer, you may feel the sun’s harsh rays in more than one way. Not only do they shine through windows and potentially cause upholstery and flooring to fade, they can also drive up energy consumption. While temperatures soar this summer, so might the electric bill. Air conditioners use about five percent of all the electricity produced in the United States at an annual cost of more than $11 billion to homeowners.1
3M’s new do-it-yourself Ultra Clear Energy Saving Window Films apply 3M’s proprietary, non-metalized engineered film technology to help block at least 98 percent of solar UVA and UVB rays and at least 35 percent of the sun’s heat. The result is less work for your air conditioning unit, reduced window glare and protection for furniture and flooring.
Calculate your potential cost savings after installing 3M Ultra Clear Energy Saving Window Films here.
“For years, 3M has been a leader in commercial-, automotive- and residential-installed window films,” said Mike Kuhl, global business unit manager of energy and new product platforms in 3M’s Construction and Home Improvement Markets Division. “Our recent research and consumer insights show that many homeowners are looking for an affordable, energy-saving window film that they can install themselves. By applying our renewable energy technology, we developed a high-quality, heat-blocking film that helps save energy and is easy to apply with just water.”
Innovative features and benefits include:
- Comes in three heat reduction shades: Light, Medium and Dark
- Easy do-it-yourself installation with no mess or special tools — squeegee and cutting tool are included in the kit
- Applies with water or non-aerosol glass cleaner
- Blocks at least 35 percent of the sun’s heat, depending on the shade
- Stops at least 98 percent of UVA and UVB rays, helping to protect furniture and flooring from fading
- Minimal reflectivity and glare for a clear view
- Helps save energy by reducing air conditioning use