Friday, 17/09/2021 | 14:21 GMT+7
Job Title: Innovations’ Manager/Component 3 Lead
Project: Vietnam Urban Energy Security
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Period of Performance: Jun 1, 2021 – May 31, 2022 (with extension possibility)
Deadline for application: May 9, 2021
SCOPE OF WORK
As Vietnam experiences steep increases in energy demand and rising air pollution challenges, there is growing recognition that cleaner, more reliable sources of energy are needed and greater capital investment is necessary.
The Vietnam Urban Energy Security works closely with GVN at multiple levels to improve enabling frameworks, mobilize investment, and increase the adoption of innovative solutions for advanced, distributed energy.
The specific objectives of this activity are to assist Vietnamese cities to:
1. Improve enabling policies, regulations, and city-level plans/programs for the deployment of resilient,
distributed energy services;
2. Mobilize public and private sector investment for the deployment of advanced, distributed energy systems;
3. Increase adoption of innovative technologies, practices, business and financing models for advanced,
distributed urban energy solutions.
Component 3 of The Vietnam Urban Energy Security focuses on providing resources and support to entrepreneurs, innovators and others engaged in piloting and scaling new approaches or models to promote advanced, distributed energy solutions in Danang and Ho Chi Minh City. This component will also contribute to the other goals of the Project, including the deployment of advanced and distributed energy and mobilization of public and private investment for advanced and distributed energy systems.
Overview of the Position:
The activities under Component 3 are focused on launching an effective innovation support program under The Vietnam Urban Energy Security Project. The Project anticipates supporting 20 innovative solutions throughout the life of the project that address urban energy and environment issues. The Project seeks an Innovations’ Manager/Component 3 Lead to provide oversight and management of the Component 3: Increase adoption of innovative technologies, practices, business and financing models for advanced, distributed urban energy solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Innovations’ Manager will lead the development of the strategy and the implementation of activities under Component 3. He/she will work very closely with the Technical team and the Activity Fund to ensure that the Project supports innovative solutions that accelerate the adoption, facilitate the financing and increase the effectiveness of clean energy approaches.
- Oversees the implementation of the Innovation Challenge, ensuring objectives and targets are met
- Collaborates closely with the M&E Specialist to develop/ update a relevant MELA framework for the Innovation Challenge
- Collaborates closely with the Communications Specialist to develop appropriate communications strategy
for the Innovation Challenge
- Oversees the selection of Innovation Challenge selection committee/s
- Oversees the selection of Innovation Challenge evaluators/ evaluation companies
- Manages the overall relationship with the Accelerator ensuring timely and quality deliverables
- Ensures the partnership produces a pipeline of investable enterprises which are ready for further investment
facilitation or transaction advisory support
- Represents the Project in relation to Component 3 activities with external stakeholders, particularly USAID
- Provides quality and timely inputs to Project reporting obligations
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline
- +10 years of relevant management experience
- Experience from USAID, or other donor-funded projects
- Experience designing and implementing challenge funds
- Experience working with Accelerators in the energy sector
This a full-time position, with a level of effort of 260 days per year. The employment contract will be on a yearly basis, with possible extensions until the close of the project. The Innovations’ Manager will report to the Deputy Chief of Party and will work closely with COP and other project staffs (MEL Manager, Communications Specialist, Activity Fund Manager, City Coordinators) as required to ensure successful implementation across all activities. The position is based in Hanoi.
Applicants should apply via Formsite at this link:
Deadline for the application: May 9, 2020.
DAI Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. DAI does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, veteran status, or other non-merit factor.